Monday, March 28, 2016

Blog #9

                In a flipped classroom, the lecture part of the learning process takes place outside of the classroom or at the student’s home. Students learn at home by either watching short videos, going on websites that the teacher as recommended to learn from, etc. When the students are in the classroom they do their homework, or their classwork. This way they can be around the teacher/instructor and they can ask questions if they get lost or confused. This “flipped classroom” method can work in schools, but in my opinion it does not work for all subjects, like math or science or any subject that requires hand-on learning. A website that offers educational videos is http://khanacademy.org
                Khan Academy is the link I included in the paragraph above. I use this website myself when I do not understand some material that was taught in a classroom lecture. I would definitely use this for professional development and in my future classroom because it will give my students extra information they may need and it may be taught a different way the student might understand a little better.
                I acquired many new skills when I was working on the PowerPoint assignment. Before this assignment, I had no idea how to hyperlink images within the PowerPoint and how to make those images go to another slide when you clicked on it. All in all, I really did enjoy this assignment because it let us do whatever we wanted to do and put our own creative taste into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment