Monday, March 14, 2016

Blog #7

I might use PowerPoint to support student learning at each level of Bloom's Taxonomy in a particular lesson by having them go step by step so complete an assignment so they are not getting confused or lost in anything. The steps are to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate, and then create. In a PowerPoint, you would explain each of the steps specifically so that it is very understandable and clear. In the "remember" step, you have to be able to recall facts and basic subjects. In "understand", you have to explain ideas or concepts. In "apply", you have to be able to use information in new situations. In "analyze", you have to draw connections among different ideas. In "evaluate", you have to be able to justify a decision you have made. And in the last step "create", you will produce new and original work.
Adaptive technologies are different types of technologies that help support different learners with disabilities. Some technologies are the 3D printer, screen readers, assistive learning devices, and many more. 3D printers and screen readers are meant to help those who have a visual disability while the different assistive learning devices are there to help those with a hearing disability. I have not known anymore who has used anything technologies like these.
Some skills that I acquired from working on the Web Page Design assignment is basically how to create a website with my own creativity. My oldest brother is a website designer so it was cool to personally experience what he does as a career. I personally liked this assignment more than the other assignments we have had because this lets me bring out my own style and what I feel best represents me as a creator and a teacher. This assignment can be used in my future career by creating a website for just my class to help my students and their parents follow all of those important dates and assignments I would have listed.

Mml14b.weebly.com

3 comments:

  1. I agree with a lot about what you said on the web page design project. Yours looks like it came out really well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with a lot about what you said on the web page design project. Yours looks like it came out really well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have limited experiences with adaptive technologies as well. I remember that the guy at the tech sandbox said they use the 3D printer for special education students though! I think that is really cool.

    ReplyDelete