Monday, February 29, 2016

Blog #6

The school website that I went to is West Orange High School. Their home page gives you a decision to go to multiple pages including academics and curriculum, athletics, grades, guidance, parents, and many more. They also have announcements you can read right when you open up their website. Some of the announcements they give deal with the bell schedule for FSA writing, the student testing Edmodo page, khan academy, and senior salutations. All the way on the right side of the home page they also give you a calendar that tells you all of the important dates and events that are coming up soon and/or in the next few months.

                I envision myself using technology to accomplish my professional responsibilities more efficiently and effectively by incorporating as much technology in my classroom without being too excessive. I would want to teach my students about the different educational programs they could use to be successful throughout their school years. I would also use programs myself, such as word and/or websites like Khan Academy, to teach the class. I would use technology to reach out to other colleagues and get their input on things.
Some of the skills I acquired from working on out last assignment, Wed Evaluation Wiki, is basically how to use Wiki and all of the things you can get out of that website. Some of the things that I did not like, although, is how confusing it all was at the beginning because you are working with two other people so you have to be on the same page. I would improve next time by just knowing how to work with this website in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment