Monday, February 15, 2016

Blog #4

One standard that I have located and decided to use is the “Multimedia: Literature” standard. This standard is basically all about media and how to include/attach it into documents, books, poems, etc. A web-based resource that my students could go to and use to learn all about that standard is http://www.cpalms.org/Public/search/standard#0. This website can give a lot to information to not just this one standard, but to multiple standards in case they want to learn more.
When I am working on assignments that require me to have internet-based resources, I would usually type in a key word and try to start from that and go through multiple resources until I found the one that fit the best with my assignment. My methods compared to those mentioned in the podcast are a lot simpler. The method mentioned in the podcast told us a lot of steps that should be taken to find an internet-based resource and my method to finding a resource does not require me to take as many steps and I get the right resource in the end.
Some of the new skills that I have acquired from the Web Hunt assignment mainly deal with the amount of new knowledge I have gained from reading the standards over and over again to choose the right one for the questions in the assignment.

Web Hunt Challenge
1    1. You want to teach your students about the Presidents of the United States, find a website that could be useful for you to teach your students.
2. You want to find a calendar for the new students you are going to get next year so you can start planning out new assignments and projects, find where you can generate a new calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment