Monday, February 1, 2016

Blog #2


                I have used Microsoft Word mainly for writing essays throughout high school and papers in college. Some of my teachers would tell us that our papers cannot be handwritten whatsoever or else they would not accept it so you would always have to go onto Microsoft Word and transfer your handwritten paper into a typed paper. I have also seen my teachers use it for tests/quizzes, syllabuses, and projects directions.
                When I write research papers, I would always have to cite the author or creator every time I would use what they said so it would not be seen as copyright, but instead fair use. As a teacher I would deal with these concepts by informing my students about copyright and the consequences if you do not cite your work. When developing my own instructional material, I would use my knowledge only but if I have to look elsewhere, then I would either write it in my own words or cite whatever website I got the information from. I would show them how to properly give credit to the original creator so they know exactly what to do.
                I did not acquire any new skills from Twitter since I already had one long before this class, but I did learn a lot of new things about blogging because I have never thought about creating one. I can use this knowledge about blogging and twitter in my future career by having my students create one of these things to get more connected with others and improve on their typing and writing skills.   

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! Educating your future students about how to cite sources is very important.

    ReplyDelete